Listed Building: ABBEY HOUSE AND MANOR HOUSE (1140434)

Please read our .

Grade II
Authority Historic England
Volume/Map/Item 1774, 5, 24
Date assigned Friday, November 10, 1967
Date last amended

Description

PARISH OF DALE ABBEY THE VILLAGE SK 43 NW 5/24 (North Side) Abbey House and 10.11.67 Manor House II Pair of cottages incorporating remains of the abbey, possibly the kitchen. Medieval, altered in the C19. Rubble gritstone and large blocks of coursed squared gritstone. Red brick. Plain tile roof with two brick ridge stacks and a brick lateral stack. Two storeys. At the south east angle is the remains of a massive external stack with four chamfered stringcourses. The south elevation has a gabled bay to the left with one C19 2-light casement to the first floor. Doorway to the right with stone lintel and C20 door. C20 window to the right again with a C19 casement window above, in a gabled half dormer. The east elevation has the long side of the medieval stack, and to the right a 2-light C19 casement window under a segmental arch. Similar 2-light window above under a flat arch. Listing NGR: SK4370938694

External Links (1)

Sources (0)

Map

Location

Grid reference SK 43706 38693 (point)
Map sheet SK43NW

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Record last edited

Feb 14 2006 11:36AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.