Skip to main content

Listed Building: QUEENS HEAD INN AND ATTACHED COACH HOUSE (1280573)

Please read our .

Grade II
Authority Historic England
Volume/Map/Item 1774, 1, 60
Date assigned Thursday, November 6, 1986
Date last amended

Description

Public house. Early C19. Finely coursed and squared gritstone with gritstone dressings. Hipped Welsh slate roof to house, gabled Welsh slate and tiled roof to coach house. Stone coped gable. Rendered lateral stacks. Three storeys with plain first and second floor bands and moulded eaves cornice. East Elevation of three bays. Off-centre round-arched doorway, stone doorcase with pilasters and bracketed hood. Blocked door with window set in and fanlight above. To the right is a glazing bar sash under a keyed and channelled wedge stone lintel. Two similar windows to the left. Three similar windows above. Three similar glazing bar sashes above again, beneath the eaves. C19 wrought iron inn sign bracket. Coach house to right has a doorway with plain bracketed stone hood and C20 door. to the left, a C20 window. To the right a segmental carriage entrance with keyblock and double doors. Later bay to right again has a doorway with stone lintel. One square opening above with stone surround and plank door. Listing NGR: SK3632541429

External Links (1)

Sources (0)

Map

Location

Grid reference SK 36325 41429 (point)
Map sheet SK34SE
Civil Parish LITTLE EATON, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Record last edited

Feb 14 2006 11:36AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.