Listed Building: OLD FARMHOUSE, TOWN HEAD FARM (1109265)

Please read our .

Grade II*
Authority Historic England
Volume/Map/Item 228, 5, 65
Date assigned Friday, July 27, 1984
Date last amended


SK 16 NW PARISH OF FLAGG GREEN LANE 5/65 (West Side) Old Farmhouse, Town Head Farm II* Farmhouse. 1639. Coursed limestone rubble. Gritstone dressings and massive flush quoins. Stone slate roof. Two storeys, three bays. T-plan. Gabled projecting bay to west has single light remaining of larger recessed and ovolo moulded window with dripmould over. C19 door inserted in its place. Massively quoined doorcase with four-centred arched lintel and hoodmould, in western corner of recessed range. Plank door. To east, 3-light recessed and ovolo moulded window, formerly 4-light. Central light, now with glazing bar sash. Moulded hoodmould over. Blocked 2-light recessed and ovolo moulded window next to door to east wall of crosswing. Above original door,an inserted opening. To east, datestone just under eaves, inscribed 'RG CG 1639'. Beyond, to east,3-light recessed and ovolo moulded window. To west, in gable of crosswing, 2-light recessed and ovolo moulded window with dripmould, formerly 3-light. Listing NGR: SK1288969017

External Links (1)

Sources (0)



Grid reference SK 12889 69017 (point)
Map sheet SK16NW

Related Monuments/Buildings (1)

Record last edited

Nov 26 2007 3:29PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.