Parish church. Rebuilt in 1836 and again in 1874 by C J Neale of Mansfield, probably re-using medieval masonry. West tower 1912, possibly by Currey & Thompson of Derby. Sandstone ashlar and red brick. Welsh slate roofs, stone coped gables with plain kneelers anda cross finial on the east gable. Plain parapets to nave and chancel. West tower, nave with south porch and chancel. West tower in 'Free Gothic' style angle buttresses with three set-offs, castellated parapet. Polygonal stair turretprojects from the north west corner and its parapet rises above the tower parapet. 3-light west window with triangular headed lights, the centre one cusped, under a Gothic arch with almost straight sides. Hoodmould. Small cusped lancets above on three sides. Clock face above again on all four sides. Bell stage has on all faces paired louvred bell openings with Gothic arches with almost straight sides, dying into the imposts. Simple hollow moulding and cusping. Stringcourse at the base of the parapet. The nave and chancel walls run without a break but the two parts are expressed externally by a break in the roofline. On the north side are three buttresses with two set- offs; to the nave, two 3-light windows under flat arches, with cusped lancet lights. One similar 2-light window to the chancel. The south side has three similar buttresses, one against the east wall and one similar 3-light window to the nave. Perp Style east window of 5-lights with hoodmould and moulded surround. Gabled south porch. Red brick with heavy rusticated stone quoins and a massive keyed stone lintel. It is in the style of c1700 but probably dates from 1836, re-using old materials. Interior, triple chamfered tower arch without capitals. Broad, double chamfered Perp Style chancel arch. Nave and chancel roofs have kingpost trusses supported by arched braces on corbels. Early C12 circular tub font with intersecting blind arcading and a frieze of lozenges overlaid with intermittent circles. Tomb recess in the chancel north side with hollow moulding. In the recess the torso and head of a priest with arms folded and a chalice in his lap. Probably early C15. Wall monument (chancel south), aedicule with broken pediment enclosing a coat of arms. Dated 1601. Stained glass. West window c1873 by Wailes. Chancel north window 1896 by Kempe.
Listing NGR: SK1361035158