Watermill, now house. 1857, converted 1972. Red brick with brick and stone dressings, plain tile roofs with overhanging eaves and brick gable stacks to rear pitch of the roof. Two storeys plus attics with lower two storey wing to west, three bays plus single bay wing to west. Central basket headed doorcase with C20 stable door, and to either side two storeyed,four-centred arched blind niches with 3-light basket headed casements to ground floor with moulded brick sills and diamond leaded lights. Above, two similar windows and a central C20 glazing bar fixed light under basket headed arch. Above to Centre, an inset stone datestone inscribed 'HG 1857' and a hoist platform on scrolled cast iron brackets, with plain railings round. Gabled attic dormer over with pendant and below, double plank doors. Attached to west, lower section has central 3-light basket headed,diamond leaded,light casement and above a small hayloft opening with plank door and basket arch. To front of mill, below ground level, is a brick retaining wall, with small segmental arch to west to take the water under the mill, and large segmental arch to east. Iron wheel is now placed against the east gable wall of the mill, having been removed from the interior. Interior has no machinery left. Rear of mill has original sluice gate to west side and attached to west side a stone retaining wall for the mill pond, which continues to west until it reaches a stone weir, to the east side of which is a sluice gate with separate channel.
Listing NGR: SK2198637489