Church. 1867-8 by CC Townsend, tower added 1888-91. Coursed, squared,rock-faced limestone with gritstone dressings and quoins. Plinth. Steeply pitched Westmorland slate roofs. Pierced terracota ridge tiles to nave. Gabled bellcote to east gable of nave. Ridge crosses to chancel and nave gables. Stone coped gables with moulded kneelers. South-west tower, nave, lower chancel and north vestry. West elevation has three stage tower with stepped, full-height, corner buttresses. Central pair of trefoil headed lancets to ground floor. Stringcourse and single central lancet above. Clock face over. Further stringcourse with louvred, flat headed, 2-light bell openings with flowing tracery to all sides, over. Moulded stringcourse with gargoyles to all sides above and embattled parapets. To north, nave with steps up to central, continuously moulded, double chamfered doorcase with hoodmould. Plank door. Two large lancets over, with recessed central quatrefoil window between to top. Two flush bands of contrasting gritstone in gable. North elevation has diagonal stepped buttress to western corner and five tall lancets. To east, later north vestry with flat headed 4-light chamfered mullion window with pointed lights and central major mullion. To either side, gableted corner buttresses. Pointed doorcase and trefoil headed lancet to east wall of vestry. East window of three stepped chamfered lancets. Diagonal buttresses either side. Two contrasting gritstone bands in gable . Below, stone plaque inscribed 'AD 1867 THS XP'. Two chamfered lancets to south chancel wall. Stepped buttress between chancel and nave. Nave has four similar lancet windows. Projecting tower to west has pointed south door with chamfered jambs, moulded top and hood over. Above, nodding ogeed niche. Interior has wide chamfered chancel arch with wooden tie across, supporting crucifix. Crown post roof. Chancel has organ bay to north with trefoil headed piscina beyond to east. East window has roll moulded arches on thin shafts. Cusped wooden altar and altar back. To south, three seats set in arched recesses. Early C18 carved panels reused in pulpit and as chancel rails. C19 stone font with octagonal stem and bowl.
Listing NGR: SK1750481081