Garden pavilion and attached terrace. c1860, built for the Earl of Harrington and designed by William Barron. Rock faced stone with concrete and tile dressings, plus raised stone band between basement and upper floor. Belled felted roof with wide overhanging eaves and pierced decorative bargeboards to gables and eaves. Single storey plus basement and single bay, with raised terrace attached to south side. The shape of the pavilion is bizarre with tapering basement walls and upper, side walls curving in about half way up and curving outwards to the top. North elevation has an advanced bay to centre with a trefoil headed niche to basement and above, a large circular window with diagonal tracery and a frilly edged surround, created with the use of curved tiles, plus a delicate iron balcony, with shell motifs to front and sides. West and east sides have oval windows, also with diagonal tracery, in bracketed moulded concrete surrounds, that to east above a blocked four-centred arched basement door and that to west above similar door and an ogee headed window. East window has the remains of heraldic paintings to the inner edge. All the windows originally had diamond pane metal glazing, most of which is now missing. South side has a raised terrace, with steps to sides and diamond paved top, which leads up to a trefoil headed doorcase with similar headed niche above with large 'H' topped by a coronet, within. One of a series of similar buildings erected during the creation of lavish gardens, designed by William Barron, between 1830 and 1860, which are included in the Derbyshire Historic Gardens Register at Grade II*.
Listing NGR: SK4070332806