Chapel. 1797, built on the site of St Mary Magdelen's Chapel. Coursed rubble gritstone with gritstone dressings. Stone slate roof with gritstone bellcote on the north gable and gritstone stack on the south gable. Two storeys, with chamfered angle quions and square sectioned string course at first floor level. North elevation with on the ground floor, a central venetian window flanked on each side by doorways with plain dressed stone jambs and lintels. C20 double doors. First floor with central venetian window flanked by large window openings with plain dressed stone surrounds and wooden cross windows. Above the venetian window a small tablet inscribed CC/1797. Side walls with regular rectangular window openings, five bays to the west and four bays to the east. Those on the east side are without dressed stone jambs. All with C19 wooden cross windows except two on the west side which have stained glass.
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.