Church. Foundations of 1386, tower built 1793, church rebuilt 1817-1818 by Bradbury and Rangeley, tower raised 1894. Coursed, squared, gritstone with quoins. Flush gritstone dressings. Coved cornice with embattled stone parapets. Nave with galleries, integral western tower, small eastern chancel bay. Exterior - south elevation has four steps to wide doorcase with moulded imposts and keystone. Double studded doors. To east four tripartite windows with intersecting tracery. West elevation has central,slightly advanced, five stage tower. Central semi-circular headed window with projecting keystone, imposts and sill. Also leaded lights. Similar window over. Stringcourse band at base of twin semi-circular headed bell openings with Y tracery. Over, coved stringcourse and 1894 ashlar work Fifth stage with clock faces to all sides, surmounted by coved stringcourse and embattled parapets with finials. To either side of tower blank walls. Modern extension to north- west corner. North wall similar to south. East elevation has advanced central bay with large plain panel tracery window. Interior - wooden galleries with fielded panels to north, south and west, supported by thin quatrefoil cast iron columns and corbels decorated by a flowerhead. Moulded pointed arch to chancel. Original box pews under north and south galleries. Area under western gallery boxed off. Late C19 stained glass to lower nave windows and chancel. Fine wall memorial to John Hague, dated 1786, of owed white marble inscribed plaque set in yellow marble. White marble surround carved with classical motifs: Classical cornice above surmounted by bust by Bacon. Below in crypt bases and part columns of 1386 church, Sources for dates Bulmer and Co History, Topography and Directory of Derbyshire of 1895.