Monument record MDR10050 - Cawdor Well, Dale Road North, Darley Dale

Type and Period (1)

  • (Victorian - 1870 AD? to 1900 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

Cawdor Well, an ornamental trough or well incorporated into a boundary wall of Stancliffe Quarry on the north side of Dale Road North (A6). It may have been built by Sir Joseph Whitworth in the same style as West Lodge. It is no longer in use and the water has been diverted. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 13.20, with photo.

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred SK 2659 6369 (10m by 10m)
Civil Parish DARLEY DALE, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Jun 8 2015 11:46AM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.