Four brick terraces of Midland Railway origin, named Midland, Allport, Pettifor and Bolden Terraces. James Allport was General Manager of the Midland Railway; Mr Pettifor was the Stores Superintendent at Derby. Midland Terrace was in the course of erection in 1891 and the terraces formed the basis of the railway settlement in this western extremity of Blackwell parish which was developed on the building of the railway depot to serve the collieries on the Blackwell branch in 1891-2. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D. 2000. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. Part V. North East Derbyshire. pp 2-3, illust..
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 42280 58418 (91m by 260m)
BLACKWELL, BOLSOVER, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 1 2011 11:21AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.