Monument record MDR10215 - Parish boundary stone, Wirksworth Road, Duffield and Windley
Type and Period (1)
- BOUNDARY STONE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
SK 32983 43779. Stone boundary marker on the Wirksworth Road between the parishes of Duffield and Windley with inscribed letters 'W' and 'D' (presumably the initials of the parishes, Windley and Duffield). (1) The boundary stone is present by the 1st edition 25" OS map of c. 1880. It is still shown on modern OS mapping. (3-4)
- <1> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 16.3.
- <2> SDR19355 Index: Higgins, J (The Milestone Society). County Milestone Survey.
- <3> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR20816 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). Current Mastermap and 1:10000 series.
|Grid reference||SK 32983 43779 (point)|
|Civil Parish||DUFFIELD, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
|Civil Parish||WINDLEY, AMBER VALLEY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 18 2013 12:05PM