Building record MDR10255 - Nos. 259-269 Abbey Lane, Formerly No. 253 Abbey Lane, Derby
Type and Period (3)
- MALT HOUSE (Victorian to Mid 20th Century - 1860 AD? to 1950 AD?)
- PRINT SHOP (Mid 20th Century to 21st Century - 1950 AD? to 2012 AD?)
- HOUSE (21st Century - 2012 AD? to 2050 AD)
- None recorded
Malthouse, Spa Lane/Abbey Street. Small single storey malthouse of 1860s origin. The kiln section with its cut off pyramidal roof survives. Now used by a printing firm. (1) The building was surveyed in 2012 in advance of its conversion into private apartments. (2)
- <1> SDR19527 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p 5.
- <2> SDR22417 Unpublished document: Johnson, S (Mayfield CA). 2012. Former Malthouse, 253 Abbey Street, Derby: Standing Building Appraisal and Heritage Statement.
|Grid reference||SK 34847 35488 (point)|
|Civil Parish||DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 12 2018 5:18PM