Newton Derby Ltd, Alfreton Road. Electrical/engineering manufacturing company founded 1899. Single storey brick-walled workshops. Notable for its distinctive brick tower at south-west corner, still carrying a 1939-45 brick pill-box air raid watch post on its roof. Took over Haslam's foundry (SMR 32079) in 1928 - selling to E W Bliss in 1939. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p 16.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35932 38321 (72m by 100m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.