Derby Station. All that remain of Francis Thompson's original tri-junct station opened officially on 30 June 1840 is Platform 1 and some 250 ft of the screen wall. One of the many stone carved trophy embellishments created by John Thomas of Birmingham that originally ornamented the length of the screen wall survives on the parapet of the disused office block. (SMR 32204). (1)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p 39.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 36203 35532 (44m by 290m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 15 2015 4:00PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.