Lighting Column, Full Street. Tall electric column in cast-iron by Andrew Handyside & Co., 1893, with swan-neck top and moulded pendant and glass globe, on the entrance road to the Industrial Museum. Strongly moulded bottom section with borough device of Buck in the Park cast in. (1)
1893 lighting column (electric). Cast iron, 30’ high, 2’” diameter, swan neck with moulded pendant, glass globe 25’ off pavement, double ladder arms. Heavily moulded lower section, with applied Derby Borough Council Crest; also manufacturer's name: Andrew Handyside. Repositioned here in 1993. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p. 46.
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. pp. 60-1.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35289 36573 (3m by 3m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 21 2018 9:27AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.