Corporation Works Depot, Nottingham Road. Two storey brick building of 1902 with stepped gables and tiled roof built on part of the Corporation's 'Stone Yard'. On the west side is a short tower with a green copper-clad conical roof and a finial above rising to a weather vane with a trotting horse design. (1)
Former stables, built circa 1902-3 by J Ward, assisted by George Widdows, for the local authority. Red brick with blue brick plinth and blue clay tile roof. Central range and two wings flanking a courtyard. Clock tower on central range with weather vane in the shape of a horse by John Smith of Derby. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p 47.
Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 47.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35978 36693 (139m by 203m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 8 2017 11:46AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.