Toll House, Duffield Road/Kingscroft. Modernised, rendered brick toll house originating on the Derby-Chesterfield turnpike of 1756, controlling access to and from Allestree village. Hipped roof and projecting bays on each road side. (1)
Toll house on what is now the A6. (2)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p 49.
Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 10(g).1, with photo.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 34958 39411 (11m by 12m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 1 2016 11:20AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.