Monument record MDR10376 - Mile post, Nottingham Road, Chaddesden, Derby
Type and Period (1)
- MILEPOST (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Mile Post, Nottingham Road, Chaddesden. Drum-headed, stick type mile post by Harrison of Derby - 'Derby 2 miles - Nottingham 14 miles'. (1) The milepost was removed during pavement works in 1986, but had been reinstated 'in immaculate condition' by October 1 1986. (3) Circular cast iron mile post, early 19th century, located to the west of Chaddesden Lane End. ‘Nottm. 14 miles’. (4)
- <1> SDR19527 Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p 50.
- <2> SDR19355 Index: Higgins, J (The Milestone Society). County Milestone Survey. DY/DER/07.
- <3> SDR18918 Unpublished document: County Treasure Recording Form. 14.29, with photo.
- <4> SDR21254 Bibliographic reference: Derby City Council. 2010. City of Derby Local List. p 64.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 37783 36495 (2m by 2m)|
|Civil Parish||DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 5 2013 4:16PM