(Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD to 1890 AD)
Loading documents & images
Leach Neal & Co., Megaloughton Lane, Spondon. Two two-storey buildings and four single-storey ones are all that survive from the former wagon repair works at Spondon (SMR32249) and its subsequent extensions that were taken over by Charles Leach and Thomas Neal in about 1890 for paint colour works. The site has been latterly occupied by Albert Looms, car breakers and scrap merchants, but the northern half was lost for highway purposes. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Fowkes, D (ed.). 2003. Derbyshire Industrial Archaeology. A Gazetteer of Sites. Part VII. City of Derby.. p 60.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 39164 35389 (443m by 152m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Apr 8 2019 3:13PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.