The Green, for centuries part of the Borough's commons, was opened as a public park in 1886 funded by a sale of land to the Railway Company nine years before. It was originally entirely ringed by an iron fence supported on elegant iron bollards from Abell's foundry. Unfortunately most of them have been moved for use elsewhere. (1)
Bibliographic reference: Craven, M. 1996. The Illustrated History of Derby Suburbs. p 77.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35479 37256 (255m by 288m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 23 2022 6:01PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.