Monument record MDR10546 - Churchyard, St Werburgh's Church, Derby
Type and Period (1)
(Saxon to 21st Century - 600 AD? to 2050 AD)
Loading documents & images
This map edition shows churchtyard at its greatest extent, at the earliest date available. (1)
Medieval floor tile found by Richard Langley in disturbed ground west of church tower 8.5.1991. Plain tile, red body with white slip and yellow glaze, 116 x 115 x 24mm. (2)
St Werburgh's Church (SMR18944) was founded in the 7th century; rebuilt in 1894, except for the tower built in 1601. Currently in normal use.
Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
Digital data: Derby Museum Curators. Derby City Museum Database. p 99.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 34984 36346 (75m by 93m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 15 2018 12:41PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.