Monument record MDR1062 - Round barrow?, Parwich Moor, Parwich
Type and Period (1)
- ROUND BARROW ? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
A round barrow four metres in diameter and 0.3 metres in height. (1). Barnatt suggests that this slight feature on a steep slope is probably natural. (3). The barrow has been plotted beside Barnatt's corresponding barrow (10:A) as the precise location is unknown. (4).
- <1> SDR10145 Index: NDAT. 2828. 2828. 2828.
- <2> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire. p84.
- <3> SDR2466 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J. 1989. The Peak District Barrow Survey (updated 1994). Site 10:A.
- <4> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||SK 1838 5747 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||PARWICH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 4 2008 2:44PM