Monument record MDR1063 - Barrow?, Parwich Moor, Parwich
Type and Period (1)
- BARROW ? (Bronze Age - 2350 BC to 701 BC)
- None recorded
Barrow on Parwich Moor with a diameter of 20 feet and a height of 1½ feet. (1,2). Barnatt suggests that this ephemeral feature is almost certainly a fortuitous, slight, irregular rise in the field. (3). The mound has been plotted in close proximity to 10:C. (4).
- <1> SDR10146 Index: NDAT. 2829. 2829. 2829.
- <2> SDR8643 Bibliographic reference: Marsden, B. 1977. The Burial Mounds of Derbyshire. p84.
- <3> SDR2466 Unpublished document: Barnatt, J. 1989. The Peak District Barrow Survey (updated 1994). Site 10:C.
- <4> SDR20034 Personal Observation: Thornton, A. Personal observation, map evidence, field visit etc..
|Grid reference||SK 1846 5752 (point) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||PARWICH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 4 2008 2:46PM