Monument record MDR10646 - Site of lime kiln, north side of Wye Dale, Green Fairfield
Type and Period (1)
- LIME KILN (Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD? to 1870 AD?)
- None recorded
Late 19th and early 20th century OS maps mark an 'Old Limekiln' at this approximate site. Its description as such on the 1st ed. 25" map indicates that it had already gone out of use by c. 1880. (1-3) Examination of recent aerial photographs indicate earthworks at the site of the limekiln. (4)
- <1> SDR18789 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1882. OS County Series, 1st edition, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XXII.3.
- <2> SDR18790 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1896-1900. OS County Series, 2nd edition (1st revision), scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile). Sheet XXII.3, 1898.
- <3> SDR18867 Map: Ordnance Survey (OS). 1937-38. OS County Series, Third Revision, scale 1:2500 (c. 25" to one mile).
- <4> SDR19075 Aerial Photograph: UK Perspectives. 1999-2002. Aerial photographic coverage of Derbyshire.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 10499 72815 (16m by 12m)|
|Civil Parish||GREEN FAIRFIELD, HIGH PEAK, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 7 2017 3:08PM