This is a three-cell central lobby entry house, of one storey with lofts above, a design well known between about 1590 and 1750. The timber framed front wall remains; the other three walls were rebuilt in brick in late 18th or early 19th century. The eaves and gables were raised in the late 19th or early 20th century, and the thatch replaced by tiles in 1934. The rear kitchen wing is probably a 20th century addition. The house is on the south side of the road, on a large site which formerly included land to the north of the road. (1)
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 40286 27845 (17m by 13m)
WESTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 19 2015 2:54PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.