This timber-framed thatch cottage stands opposite the church. It was probably built as two cottages c. 1700, with additions in the 18th and 19th century, and was made into one cottage in the 20th century. (1)
No. 1 Willington Road was originally three cottages, now converted into one. It was built in the late 17th century, refronted in the early 19th century, from a timber frame with a brick infill. The framing is visible to the east and south, the building is rendered to the north, with lines to represent ashlar. The roof is thatched with a central brick stack and a gable stack. The building is single story with attics. The ground floor has a doorway to the left with a panelled door, to the right are five 2-light casements with a diamond pattern glazing. Four similar windows are above with steep triangular heads, set in four gabled dormers. The interior has exposed beams. (2)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 17, 23rd June 1988.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England. List entry number 1096513.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 30295 27087 (14m by 6m)
REPTON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Sep 15 2016 4:43PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.