Farmhouse built partly of brick and partly of stone, now divided into two dwellings. It was built originally as a two-bay medieval open hall with crucks in about 1500-1525. In the 17th century the house was modernised by the insertion of upper floors and took on the form of a traditional farmhouse; later a leanto was built to provide a coalhouse and scullery. The timber-framed walls were rebuilt in brick, and around 1800 the eaves were raised to their present height. The farm buildings have been replaced by modern houses. (1)
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 40269 27794 (18m by 17m)
WESTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 19 2015 2:54PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.