Probably built early in the 16th century as a timber-framed house three rooms long on a stone plinth. It was mostly rewalled in brick in the late 17th or early 18th century, when it was turned into a two-cell house of two full storeys and garretts. Documentary sources suggest that it was both a school and an inn in 1790. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 45, 12th July 1989.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 38829 25161 (26m by 10m)
MELBOURNE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 6 2017 10:58AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.