(Georgian to Victorian - 1800 AD? to 1900 AD?)
Loading documents & images
The farmhouse is built in brick, the body of the house having two-storeys, with a wing consisting of cellar, upper floor and attic. The main part of the house is of two builds, with the earlier part to the east. This was probably completed before the erection of the barn in the late 17th century, on the same alignment, so presumably linked by buildings to the house. The sunken dairy dates to c.1800, and next the range between the house and the barn was rebuilt to make the present cottage and stable. The western part of the house was extended and the front wall reconstructed to give a regular appearance, and at the same time upper storeys were built over the sunken dairy. A succession of outbuildings was built around two yards. The deeds of the farm show much of its history from c.1700 onwards. Ian Mitchell of Derbyshire Archaeological Society visited the farm in March 1991 to inspect the surviving farm machinery, producing a report in May 1991. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 74, 22nd January 1991.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 28223 31339 (84m by 69m)
ETWALL, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 3 2016 11:09AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.