Brick farmhouse with tiled roof built about 1870 when the railway line came through, to replace an earlier house that stood further north. It is of classic estate farm design, having the character of a Harpur-Crewe Estate house. The farm buildings, which form two yards west of the house, are earlier than the farmhouse, though it is difficult to say by how much. A building, probably the wheelhouse for a horse engine, has butted up against the north side of the barn.(1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 86, 17th June 1991.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 32398 29900 (106m by 63m)
TWYFORD AND STENSON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 6 2015 11:28AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.