This is a two-storey brick house painted white with a slate roof. A possible course of development is suggested: in the 16th century a timber house of two rooms, with square-panel wall framing and large ceiling joists, was built on a stone plinth; perhaps in the late 17th century the western end of the house was rebuilt, with brick walls perhaps lower than now and re-using the joists; the eastern end was rebuilt by Joseph Cooper after he bought the property in 1786; the house was divided into two cottages in the 19th century; various additions and alterations were made in the 19th and 20th century. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 89, 31st July 1991.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 34844 39755 (17m by 13m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 15 2018 2:01PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.