Lying close to Twyford Church is Grange Farm, a handsome brick house with pleasure garden in front, and farm buildings grouped round in three yards. The present farmhouse is the oldest part of the complex, consisting of a five-bay three-storey house dating from the mid 18th century, built as a gentleman's residence, perhaps for the incumbent of the parish church, and an adjoining two-bay house of a similar date. A map of 1842 suggests that at that time it was two farms, not one, and it is not certain when the two were combined. The next oldest building is the barn, the other farm buildings dating to later in the 19th century. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 90, September 1991.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 32666 28528 (115m by 124m)
TWYFORD AND STENSON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 15 2014 4:34PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.