Pilsbury House, standing next to the churchyard, is a three-storey brick house faced in stucco. It is of five bays, with a two-bay addition at the eastern end and various rear additions. In the front garden are several gnarled acacia trees, a reminder that the house was once called Acacia Farm. The western part of the house is presumably the older. It has a two-cell plan typical of the 18th century, and being two-storeys with an upper cruck roof is suggested as early in that century. The service accommodation was probably to the east and was rebuilt in the early 19th century. A sale catalogue of 1920 describes the farm house, and lists 161 acres of land, which was sold off in 1969 for building. The house is slowly being restored. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 98, 4th February 1992.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 29520 28168 (24m by 17m)
WILLINGTON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Dec 2 2014 12:35PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.