This three-storey farmhouse with a tiled roof has its north side right onto the street with no openings in that wall. From the middle of the main range a long line of lower buildings runs south, forming the stem of a T on plan; only the nearest part of this now forms a part of the house, the remainder having been converted into a cottage. Further back, the buildings of the farmyard have also been converted to residential use and are now known as Weston Court. The house has two big open fireplaces, indicating that the house was built not later than about 1750. Both have 19th century brick stacks inside them, and the original chimneys must have been timber and plaster to have been so completely removed. The pine furnishings have survived in excellent condition and are probably original to the house, pine being used in this area from the mid 18th century. The cottage is part stone and part brick of various dates, but none earlier than the farmhouse. It was not built as a dwelling, but for ancillary farm uses. The eaves were raised in the 20th century, probably when it was converted to residential use. (1)
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 40332 27992 (21m by 26m)
WESTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jan 28 2016 11:34AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.