Building record MDR10762 - Weston House, Weston Upon Trent
Type and Period (3)
- VICARAGE (Former Type) (Victorian to Early 20th Century - 1865 AD to 1920 AD?)
- YOUTH CLUB (Former Type) (Early 20th Century to Late 20th Century - 1920 AD? to 1970 AD?)
- NURSING HOME (Late 20th Century to 21st Century - 1971 AD to 2050 AD)
- None recorded
This substantial house, in 6 acres of ground close to the Church but distant from the village, was built as a rectory in 1865. It is two-and-a-half storeys high, built of brick with stone dressings, and on a scale to indicate the social position of a 19th century rector. It ceased to be used as a rectory in the late 1920s and was bought by Nottingham Education Committee for use as a youth centre; when neglect caused it to fall into disrepair they abandoned it. In 1971 it was bought by the Association of Ukrainians in Britain, and restored as a retirement home. (1)
- <1> SDR19784 Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 122, 7th October 1992.
|Grid reference||Centred SK 39678 27522 (45m by 27m)|
|Civil Parish||WESTON UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 1 2011 2:02PM