This is a brick farmhouse of two-storeys with attics and tiled roofs. It was built to a T-shaped plan, with a dairy in the cellar, in about 1800. A little later a dairy was added against the north side of the kitchen. The west end of the house was extended about 1880 to provide a working kitchen and a second dairy, implying an increase in milk and cheese production. By 1878 part of the property was tenanted by an ironworks and part by some cottagers, and the house termed a residence, whilst the farm operated separately. A number of alterations were carried out between 1890 and 1910. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 144, 10th November 1993.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 41592 42016 (17m by 18m)
STANLEY, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 10 2015 2:10PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.