Skip to main content

Building record MDR10786 - 25 Park Road, Mickleover, Derby

Type and Period (4)

  • (Former Type) (Early 20th Century to Edwardian - 1901 AD to 1905 AD)
  • (Former Type) (Second World War - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
  • (Former Type) (Mid 20th Century to Late 20th Century - 1950 AD? to 1970 AD?)
  • (Former Type) (Early 20th Century to Edwardian - 1901 AD to 1905 AD)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Full Description

The first Primitive Methodist Chapel was built in Mickelover in 1852, and still stands to the east of 25 Park Road, gutted and converted to a garage. 25 Park Road was built in 1901-1905 to replace it, but became redundant as a chapel in 1932. It was used temporarily as an air-raid wardens post in the second world war, then stood empty for a while. In the 1950s it was used as a fish-and-chip shop, before conversion to a house in the 1970s. The land on which the chapel was built was part of Common End Farm, sold to the 16 Trustees of the Primitive Methodist Chapel in 1901. (1)

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR149, FebMarch 1994.



Grid reference Centred SK 30700 34558 (12m by 15m)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (1)

  • EDR2127

Please contact the HER for details.

External Links (0)

Record last edited

Mar 8 2016 12:07PM

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.