This two-storey L-shaped brick house with attics has a roofed cart entry to the east, with beyond it an outbuilding backing onto the street, providing gig-house, stable and loose-box. The house has been built onto a pre-existing 18th century brick outbuilding, and is almost certainly not the first house on the site. It appears to be of one build, probably in the late 18th century. A private school was held in the house around 1900. A spring rises into the cellar, now controlled by an electric pump. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 152, 4th May 1994.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 30767 30384 (14m by 22m)
FINDERN, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 12 2016 2:29PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.