Woodhouse Farm is a two-storey timber and brick house with slated roof, standing back from the road that runs north from Dalbury to Lees. The house was built probably between 1600 and 1650, as a straight range of three rooms on each of two storeys, with hearth-passage entrance, and perhaps with a jettied south gable to the eastern end. Around 1700 the western end of the building was turned into a kitchen, and during the 18th century many of the wall studs were removed and the panels infilled with brick. The farmhouse was radically improved and extended between about 1830 and 1840. The outer walls, especially at the west end, are now in poor condition and the roof has some misplaced and loose slates. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 155, June 1994.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 26588 36239 (20m by 21m)
DALBURY LEES, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Aug 24 2016 3:24PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.