This two-storey brick cottage is at the north end of a row of three, the other two being combined as no. 39. No. 37 was built, perhaps about 1820-30, after the adjoining houses, but before their eaves had been raised. It consisted of two rooms on the ground floor, with rooms above accessed by a ladder stair. A single-storey stone scullery was added soon after, then considerably enlarged. Later a front extension, perhaps a shop with 'Venetian' window below and bedroom over, was built. The house is at present under restoration. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 158, 29th June 1994.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35024 23674 (11m by 10m)
TICKNALL, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 7 2014 2:39PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.