(Georgian to Victorian - 1830 AD? to 1840 AD?)
Loading documents & images
This farmstead is of particular interest because in 1880 it was awarded second prize by the Royal Agricultural Society. The house was probably built between 1830 and 1840, and extended in 1856, as attested by "R D H 1856" on the lowest quoin of the extended eastern third of the house. All the existing stone buildings had been built by 1901: barn, cowshed, cartshed, dairy, granary, nag stable and shelter. The rear part of the house and the stable have recently been converted to create a second dwelling, and the other farm buildings are for sale at present. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 170, 4th october 1994.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 33611 28607 (59m by 75m)
TWYFORD AND STENSON, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jul 29 2016 9:35AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.