The timber-framed house at Little London was originally a corn barn on the site of a grange of Dale Abbey, and probably constructed in the late 17th century with brick infilling. It is not clear when the farmhouse to which it belonged decayed or was demolished, but it appears that the barn was converted into cottages by 1909. The barn, and a court of brick farm buildings to the south, were restored in the 1980s.
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 190, 3rd October 1995.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 43381 37216 (36m by 30m)
OCKBROOK, EREWASH, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 17 2016 1:36PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.