A plain late Georgian house of roughcast brick attached to a lower, earlier, western wing running north-south. The oldest part of the house is the south end of the west wing. This is probably the central bay of a three-bay house of about 1650-1720, and the foundations of this earliest phase of the house probably extend to the south, under the yard. The Georgian estate farmhouse was probably built about 1810, and incorporated much of the earlier house. The dairies along the back of the house are probably of much the same date as the farmhouse. In 1855 the northern bay of the old house was rebuilt to provide a new kitchen and staircase, and the northern leantos date from around 1900. The farmhouse faces south across a wide yard of farmbuildings. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 191, 30th October 1995.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 36642 27121 (61m by 58m)
STANTON BY BRIDGE, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Jun 18 2012 11:51AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.