Eve Cottage stands end-on to the road on the north side, facing east. Opposite lies wash land beside the Trent, so the house is subject to flooding. It is built of brick and stone, rendered over with grey roughcast. It was built around 1700 as a two-cell end-lobby-entry house of two storeys. A one storey kitchen was added during the 18th century. In the mid 19th century a bedroom was added above the kitchen, and at about this time the house was divided into two cottages. In the curtilage is a brick outbuilding with a simple oak truss on a massive re-used tiebeam, probably a hay-barn, and there used to be a thatched brick dovecote. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 195, 1st February 1996.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35536 28282 (28m by 19m)
BARROW UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Feb 19 2016 3:51PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.