(Former Type) (Victorian to Second World War - 1900 AD? to 1945 AD?)
Loading documents & images
This house was built by the Harpur Crewe Estate in about 1800. It probably consisted originally of two rooms running east-west, later extended to the eastwards with a kitchen added at the back. Subsequently the western room was demolished, and the remaining part refronted with new brickwork and the eaves raised. When the house became a police station, a cell with thick walls and barrel-vaulted ceiling was built on beyond the back kitchen and reached only from there. It ceased to be a police station in the 1940s, and the cell window was enlarged for domestic purposes. The property still belongs to the Harpur Crewe Estate and is used to accommodate the church organist.
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 196, 8th March 1996.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35196 23874 (8m by 11m)
TICKNALL, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
May 7 2014 4:51PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.