No.7 is a brick-walled two-cell cottage with rear outshot, containing in the middle the lower part of a cruck couple remaining from an earlier house. The house faces south onto a narrow road called The Green and is attached at each end to other houses, Nos 6 and 8. The crucks suggest that No. 7 was built between 1550 and 1650, and their size suggests that this was a cottage not a farmhouse. It is suggested that No. 7 may originally have been part of either No. 6 or 8, the rear outshot being added to No. 7 to create a self-contained house. The exterior brickwork of the eastern end of No. 7 dates between 1700 and 1750, when the eaves were raised. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 200, 20th April 1996.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 30631 34068 (10m by 12m)
DERBY, DERBY, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 8 2016 12:07PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.