The house is timber-framed at the southern end to two storeys, and built of rendered brick to three storeys at the northern end. It would appear to have been built in the early 17th century as a vicarage, possibly on the site of an earlier five-bay vicarage. It was built three bays long, probably of one storey. In the early 18th century the northern bay was rebuilt in brick, and extended to provide two further rooms and bedrooms, but probably not the attics; the outshot at the south end was built at about the same time. The top floor of the brick range was added between 1790 and 1820, and an outshot added to the west. There have been numerous lesser alterations. The house ceased to be a vicarage in the later 18th century. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 206, 16th October 1996.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 35229 28414 (16m by 37m)
BARROW UPON TRENT, SOUTH DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Mar 30 2016 4:27PM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.