Elm Cottage, of brick with a thatched roof, stands opposite the Park gates end-on to the green and faces east. It appears to be a timber-framed house of about 1600 of two cell plan, making use of an earlier cruck couple for the south end wall. The brick walling was a replacement of about 1700. In the first half of the 19th century the house was divided into two cottages. (1)
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 217, 22nd October 1997.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 20083 43623 (11m by 11m)
OSMASTON, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Nov 24 2021 9:15AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.