Originally a three room timber-framed house with crucks dating from about 1450. Stone-walling was built around three sides of the house in the 17th century; on the east window lintel is "16-9", the missing digit hacked away, and on the west window the initials "HB". It is possible that before the south end room was built there was already a lean-to groundfloor room such as a storeroom beyond the sittingroom. If so, it was enlarged and raised to two storeys about the end of the 18th century, which enabled the house to be divided into two cottages in the 19th century. The house was in a bad condition when sold in 1975, but has been restored. (1).
Grade II listed house, dating from the 17th century and later. It was constructed from rubble limestone with sandstone and brick dressings. (2).
Unpublished document: Hutton, B. Derby Buildings Record. DBR 226, 6th July 1998.
Listed Building File: Historic England. 2011. The National Heritage List for England.
Find a placename, postcode or grid reference
The map is limited to 3000 records per layer so not all records are being displayed for this area. Zoom in to see more.
Centred SK 18551 54753 (13m by 20m)
PARWICH, DERBYSHIRE DALES, DERBYSHIRE
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Please contact the HER for details.
External Links (0)
Record last edited
Oct 7 2020 10:13AM
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.